The following is our suggested conference seeding based on the Value Add Basketball Game player cards, followed by a team. We based the seeding on the cards in our game and these results in games we played so far, but reserved the top spots for any team that won the national title followed by any team that was a runner-up.
We couldn't resist moving Larry Bird and Indiana State over to the Big Ten for this tournament ... and line him up so if they can get past Trey Burke's Michigan 2013 team he gets a rematch of the most important college game in history vs. Magic Johnson and Michigan State in the second round.
More details to follow:
Seed. Big Ten Teams, Best Player Card, Did they win title?
1. Indiana - 1976 - Scott May. Champs
2. Ohio St. - 1960 - Jerry Lucas. Champs
3. Michigan St. - 1979 - Magic Johnson. Champs
4. Michigan St. - 2000 - Mateen Cleaves. Champs
5. Michigan - 1989 - Glen Rice. Champs
6. Indiana - 1981 - Isaiah Thomas. Champs
7. Purdue - 1969 - Rick Mount. Champs
8. Maryland - 2002 - Juan Dixon. Champs
9. Illinois - 2005 - Deron Williams. Runner-up
10. Wisconsin - 2015 - Frank Kaminsky. Runner-up
11. Michigan - 1965 - Cazzie Russell. Runner-up
12. Ohio St. - 2007 - Greg Oden. Runner-up
13. Indiana - 2002 - Jared Jeffries. Runner-up
14. Indiana St. - 1979 - Larry Bird. Runner-up
15. Purdue - 2018 - Carsen Edwards.
16. Illinois - 1989 - Nick Anderson.
17. Iowa - 2021 - Luka Garza.
18. Michigan St. - 2009 - Draymond Green.
19. Michigan - 2013 - Trey Burke.
20. Maryland - 1984 - Len Bias.
21. Minnesota - 1977 - Kevin McHale.
22. Penn St. - 2018 - Tony Carr.
23. Iowa - 2002 - Reggie Evans.
We include a bracket, player cards and a summary for all conferences with at least eight all-time great teams in the game, or for any other team not in one of those eight conferences click on this "Mid-Major" bracket to see where they are in that bracket. Click for the ACC, Atlantic 10, American Athletic, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, Pac-12 or SEC, or back to this master list of all teams here or the game itself with the playing cards at our All-Time Value Add Basketball Game.
To go straight to the player cards for the team you want, click on the alphabetic list by team and scroll to find the player cards for your team: