With Major League Baseball hoping that play an 82-game schedule, this blog covers the results of our AL Central games using Statis-pro cards for current rosters. These cards and rosters simulate the projected hitting, pitching and fielding for each player on a 2020 team (including rookies and new stars from Japan and Cuba).
These might be previews of an upcoming 82-game season or if MLB is unable to play it might become a "what-if" blog like our 2020 March Madness. You can also click on the AL West, AL East, AL Central, NL East, NL Central or NL West. We use ballpark factors.
Division Statis-Pro Results to Date
- Cleveland Indians 28-29 - still an above average pitcher (pb2-7) on mound almost every inning gives top of the order chance to win
- Minnesota Twins 27-21 - Donaldson adds slugger but so far in game slow start as relievers may not match last year.
- Chicago White Sox 21-21 - went to MKE, NYY and Cuba to add 3 sluggers behind Acuna and they are piling up runs in our game.
- Detroit Tigers 16-20 - improved offense but pitchers getting drilled in what is now a hitters park so far.
- Kansas City Royals 16-26 - best base stealer and overall speed and Perez back at catcher has not been quite enough in several close losses.
For all AL Central Interleague Games (2 series each team), click on NL Central blog. All other gaes below:
NY Yankees won 4-1, Cleveland swept 8-3
Minnesota wins 4-3 and 10-5 (not a sweep) at Seattle.
Tampa Bay won 6-5 and cleveland won 4-3.
Minnesota sweeps Detroit twice, 5-1 and 8-3. After a slow start the Twins are surging. In one series they went from three games behind the White Sox to two games ahead for second place. They now trail the Indians by only a game.
KC 4-0 win and 6-1 sweep.
Chicago WS win 13-9 and 9-6 at Detroit. This White Sox line-up is loaded.
Cleveland won 5-2 and sweep 10-2 over Kansas City
Cleveland won 1-0 and 6-4 against Minnesota
Minn swept 5-0 then won 7-4 at ChiSox.
- Kansas City 11, Detroit 2 (sweep).
- Detroit 11, Kansas City 9 (sweep because margin 5+ at end of 8th). Jorge Soler homered on 4 consecutive at bats, including the 8th and 9th to lead Tigers from down 10-2 I. The bottom of the 8th to getting the tying run to the plate in Franco against a pb2-5 pitcher.
- Cleveland 7, Chicago White Sox 3. Four fast Indians runners scored from 3rd base on groundouts. Mercado (OBR:A) beat grounder to pitcher, Santana beat throw home from third base, Ramirez beat throw home from 1st base and Allen scored on grounder to pitcher.
- Cleveland 5, Chicago 2. Indians take sole possession of AL Central against White Sox team that added a Cuban slugger and veteran starter in Keuchel.
- Kansas City 6, Minnesota 2. Duffy 6.2, 2 W. Hill 3.2, 3 L. Dozier 2 HR, 3b.
- Minnesota 7, Kansas City 0 (sweep credit). Maeda 9, 0 W. Sparkman 4.2, 4 L. Buxton HR, 2 2b. Strange play, Cruz ran into his slow grounder with bases loaded in 1st, single but he is out and all runners return to base.
- ChiSox 5, Toronto 3. Keuchel 5, 2, Ryu, 3.2, 2 (w Cishek, L Gaviglio, S Bummer. Jimenez HR, 2b.
- ChiSox 3, Toronto 1. Gonzalez 5,1, Roark 6.2, 1, W-Cease, L-Bass. Anderson GW-HR.
- Cleveland 5, Detroit 3. Clevinger 8.2, 3 W, Boyd 4,3 L. Reyes HR both games. Clevender no-hitter until 8th when Ramirez prolong inning with error then could not come up with clutch defensive play for hit.
- Detroit 5, Cleveland 4 (11 innings). Nova 6.1* 1, Plutko, 5, 3. R Garcia W, Hoyt L. Jones pinch ran to start 10th on 2nd base, but on Cabrera would be game-winning single gunned out at home in T5 vs OBR A by Greg Allen. However in 11th Jones game-winning infield single.
- Minnesota 7, Houston 3 (12 innings). Greinke's 1-hit shutout ended the 9th when Kepler followed an Altuve error with a game-tying 3-run Homer to force extra innings. Kepler added a grandslam in the 12th for the win in a rematch of last year's Statis-pro ALCS won by Houston.
- Houston 3, Minnesota 1.
Post a Comment